Monday, December 5, 2011

Knowing Your Strength

I was always taught you never know your true strength until it is tested. Who knew that August 18, 2011 would change my life and daily routines. I tell you I give all REAL parents a standing ovation because it is a tough job. On the morning of August 18, 2011 I was asleep in Gram's bed (like usual she has a sleep number) and around 6 am her phone rang and it was my Aunt and I just figured my cousin's girlfriend Jasmine went into labor and I was about to say I will be up at the hospital after work but this morning was especially different because Gram jumped up and yelled WHAT! So, could you imagine. Well she was like get up we have to go over to their house and i was like ok so i flushed with mouthwash and threw on a jacket and was like lets go. Little did I know as we were traveling over there Jasmine was dying and they were trying their hardest to revive her. But once we arrived at the apartment  my Aunt was covered in tears and her face was red and the boys were just playing like nothing happened. I couldn't help but grab them and kiss them because every part of me died moments prior of opening the front door. So since then I have had the boys and parts of me complain because of my back but the rewarding parts come into play once they kiss you or show you their art work from daycare. So, in other words you will never know your strength until it is tested. You are stronger than what people say and never say you wouldn't do something because although I didn't want to be a mommy right now I am filling a void in that gap for 3 precious boys and I wouldn't trade my day job with anyone else.

2 comments: